Report Improper activities
Insist on Integrity in Government. YOU can make a difference by REPORTING suspected wrongdoing.* If you know of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of government resources, employee misconduct, or corruption by those doing business with the Government of the State of Yap, we encourage you to contact us directly at (691) 350-8310 or complete and submit the online form below.
We accept tips about potential improper activity from all sources. Please include as much detail as possible to allow us to properly follow-up. If you would like to include supporting documentation, you may submit your information by mail.
All reports are confidential.
Most complaints fall into the following categories:
- Contract, procurement, and grant fraud
- Environment, health, and safety violations
- Computer crimes
- Bribery, kickbacks, and gratuities
- Conflicts of interest and ethics violations
- Crime and gross misconduct involving employees/contractors.
- Theft and/or abuse of government property
- Travel fraud
- False statements and false claims
- Extravagant or needless expenditures
- Other violations of national or state law, rule, or regulation
To the best of your ability, provide the following information:
- Type of complaint (for example, contractor fraud, bribery, violation of law, etc.)
- The program or department affected
- Names of individuals involved
- Specific dates and times, if known
- How are you aware of the alleged wrongdoing?
- Do you know of any potential witnesses to the activity?
- Have you or somebody else already reported this? If so, to Whom?
- Documents or physical evidence in your possession (You may attach samples to your complaint but please do not send Original documents – items submitted will not be returned to you)
An investigator will review your complaint for relevance and completeness. We may open an investigation or audit, or refer the matter to another agency. Not all complaints result in an investigation. If you have identified yourself, a reviewing official may contact you for further information.
We are not authorized to disclose any information on records in our possession and we will not be able to confirm receipt of your complaint or respond to any inquiries about action taken on your complaint.